You can reward your customers with Smile.io points when they donate through Shop for Good. It's easy!
Here's to integrate Shop for Good with Smile:
- You’ll want to be both logged into your Smile.io account and into your Shopify store (as the store owner) before you begin the integration of Shop for Good and Smile.
- Click over to https://app.smile.io/streamlined-integrations?app_slug=shop-for-good and you’ll see a pop-up appear. Click “Connect” and it will prompt you to log into your Shopify store if you haven’t already:
Then, it will take you back to Smile and ask you to “Authorize” the integration:
With this step, your Shop for Good and Smile integration will be completed.
Next, you'll want to configure a few things within your Smile.io portal.
How to configure Smile.io for Shop for Good:
- You'll want to log into your Smile.io dashboard > Program > Points and click "Add ways to earn":
- This will prompt a pop-up. Scroll down until you see "Smile Apps" and see the options from Shop for Good by DailyKarma to receive points by making a donation:
Here, you'll find the different Shop for Good campaign options: Donate for Discount (a.k.a. "Make a donation to receive points"), Round-Up, and Donation Tiers ("Make any donation to receive points").
- Click on each one to configure how many rewards points your customers will receive when they donate through each campaign on your store:
- Once you're done configuring awards points for each Shop for Good campaign you wish to run, visit the front-end of your store to see how your customers will view their options via your Smile rewards pop-up:
- Finally, we recommend noting in your Shop for Good widgets that customers will receive rewards points when they donate through your store. For example, if you will be awarding rewards points to customers who Round-Up their purchase, we encourage you to let them know within the Round-Up widget. Do this for any Shop for Good campaign where your customer is donating. Here's an example:
After your customers opt to donate and check out of your store, they will see their rewards points in their Smile.io account. And you will see all your customers who have earned points through donations as well as their total number of in your Smile.io account > Customers:
Still have questions? Email email@example.com and we'll help you out.